The mission of Athens First Saturday is to put the people of Athens County FIRST. Anyone is welcome to join in the various activities that are planned each month. Starting at 9:00 am, we gather in the downstairs Fellowship Hall. You do not have to arrive promptly at 9:00 am to join! We pack up and go home at Noon, so there is plenty of time and plenty of tasks to complete. It is a fun, lively time with multiple ways to get involved.
- Making blankets for those in need, including providing some for every Athens police cruiser
- Homemade dog biscuits for the dogs at the dog shelter
- Filling parking meters, especially on OU move-in weekends
- Providing quarters for those washing/drying clothes at the laundromat
- Making positive chalk messages on the
- Leading worship for those at the Lindley Inn
- Making cookies for children at the Akron Children’s Hospital