Members of First UMC are cordially invited and encouraged to attend one of 5 scheduled gatherings beginning on August 30 and extending through the month of September.
Pastor Robert, Penny and representation from the leadership board will be in attendance on each occasion. This is a unique opportunity to communicate what your church means to you, share memories from the past and hopes and dreams for the future as we continue to grow together in Christ. Light snacks and beverages will be served and child care will be provided during some sessions. Sign ups are now available in the Narthex.
- Sunday, August 30 at 6:00 pm in the First Floor Lounge. (Hosted By: Vicki and Jed Butcher)
- Wednesday, Sept 2 at 6:30 pm at 27 Graham Dr. Hosted by: Cindy and Keith Boger.
- Sunday, Sept 13 at 2:00 pm at 12 N May Ave. Hosted by: Martha and Steve Sloan.
- Thursday, Sept 24 at 6:30 pm at the University Estates Clubhouse. Hosted by: Marcia Ruhling.
- Tuesday, Sept 29 at 6:30 pm at11745 Simms Rd. Hosted by: Deb and Tom Murray
In order to understand, you’ll have to attend.
Before his appointment at First United Methodist Church in Athens, Robert has also served churches in Lancaster, Xenia, Toledo, Findlay, Quincy, and Lima. Originally from southeastern, Pennsylvania, Robert moved to Ohio in 1985 to attend United Theological Seminary in Dayton and during this time decided to become a member of the West Ohio Conference.
Robert is married to Penny and they have two grown children.
Robert’s life mission is to joyfully live out the good news of Jesus Christ through word and deed so that his family, his church, and his community will know and embrace God’s hope and promises for their daily living.
We Welcome the McDowells
Pastor Robert’s first Sunday was June 28th; you can listen here. We enjoyed a brief gathering after the sermon – cookies and punch – to Pastor Robert and Penny. Here are some photos: